Monday, January 31, 2011

Let Your Light Shine!!!! Uganda Trip March 9-23

Hand-In-Hand will make its first trip to Uganda beginning March 9th.  I am very excited about the possibility of working with Teach and Tour Sojourners as a lecture at Makerere University.  But more importantly, I am looking forward to spending time in Bugabo getting to know the village.  Hopefully, I will be interviewing the teachers there and brainstorming ideas to make teaching and learning easier and more successful.  Six new teachers, 220 students.  I am just amazed at what has happened in Bugabo.

Mostly, I will just be listening, looking, and learning.  I will be taking tons of video and pictures.  I will be trying to learn as much as I can to help me be of better service in the future.

Although my trip was never funded by external sources, I thank everyone who donated.  I am making up the difference and my flight has been booked!  I could wait no longer.  I will be collection items to take with me for the village.  Christie Cotney will be narrowing down the things that they need personally, and we will be discussing the items needed for the school.

I will have two unused foot-lockers; however, those will fill quickly.  If you would like to make a donation toward shipping an additional foot-locker on the flight, the cost is $200 per container.  Cheaper than International Shipping, really, it is true.  And you know it is going to get there in 2 days, not 2 months!  Any amount would be so appreciated.

P.S.  If you want to send something with me to your sponsored child or to Christie, George, or the Village, email me!

Cool shirts are coming in from many people that support God's Light shining in Uganda.  Here is one of them from C.L.A.P Clothing:

Donated by C.L.A.P. Clothing
http://www.clapclothing.com/affiliates.html

WE ARE GOING TO LET OUR LIGHT SHINE IN UGANDA!

No comments:

Post a Comment