Thursday, January 20, 2011

Folk Tales Project Funded

Yipee!  The folk tales project is funded.  Because I have not raised the money for my travels, I have a kind friend who is doing his dissertation in Kampala.  He wanted to experience some of the local culture, "get back in the field," so to speak; so, he has committed to interviewing five tribal elders for me.  He will audio tape the interviews, paying each elder $25.  Remember, many Ugandans live off of $1 a day!  He also has a translator that is going to translate into English.  Our hope is to put the these tales together as a book as sale them to raise money for Humanitarian Projects in the Luweero District of Uganda.

I am so excited about the possibility of preserving Ugandan Culture AND making the money that I need for my first trip.  Thank you to all who have donated!

We still have the Soap Making Training Project and money for my travels, where I will be doing teacher training in Bugabo.  So, please donate.  Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment